Happy Friday, Freebies!
So this week, I've literally had "Jireh" by Elevation Worship and Maverick City Music on repeat. The entire song is fire, but this one verse takes me out.
Every time I hear it, I'm legit done. The verse goes:
I'll never be more loved than I am right now
Wasn't holding You up
So there's nothing I can do to let You down
Whaaaat! That man said, "I wasn't holding you up, so there is nothing I can do to let you down."
I'm DONE! That's the end of today's blog!
But in all seriousness, if you ever struggle with condemnation, being super self-critical, or thinking God is let down by YOU, he absolutely isn't! And there is nothing YOU can do to separate yourself from his love. He loves you and doesn't change his mind about that.
Romans 8:1 AMP says;
Therefore there is now no condemnation [no guilty verdict, no punishment] for those who are in Christ Jesus [who believe in Him as personal Lord and Savior].
Condemnation is a slick trick that the devil uses to make us feel really low, ashamed, and hopeless. His goal is to keep us there, thinking we can't recover.
Listen, sis, God doesn't condemn us, but he does convict us, and his conviction is out of love to help us get back on track. There is a major difference.
Remember the older you got as a kid when you messed up at home, and it hurt knowing you hurt or disappointed your parents? Well, that's similar to what conviction does, it's a feeling of disappointment when we fall off track, but it's not the end of the world.
Even then, you knew mama or daddy was still going to take care of you, feed you, and love you, but you also knew they wanted you to do better next time. Same with God.
Condemnation self-talk says:
-Girl, God is done with us and sick of these lies about getting our life right
- We said this was the last time, last time
- Something must be wrong with us
- You know we should be ashamed of ourself
- He already mad, so we might as well have fun and go all in
- Watch, he ain't go bless us because we keep messing up
- Don't even pray, he don't want to hear yo sorry voice again
Conviction self-talk says:
-Girl, God is waiting for us to ask him to help us leave this dude alone
- God still loves me, and he want me to be real, acknowledge my sins/shortcomings, repent, and just get back up
- Ok, he ain't mad, mad at me. He just don't like my sin, but he still loves me
-I fail but I am not my failures
- I don't have to keep living foul, and no matter how many times I fall, all I have to do is get UP, get some accountability, try harder, ask for his help and keep going
-My shortcomings don't dictate when or how he chooses to bless me
See the difference? He is God, after all, and already knows when and what we'll do. The goal is to partner with him, ask for his help, get some accountability, and to keep going.
Sis, it's hard out here for all of us whether your sin is being envious, dishonest, stealing, fornicating, homosexuality, you had an abortion, maybe you gossip, or just don't trust God.
We ALL fall short but we don't have to stay there AND we're all dealing with something. Only a perfect savior can help us through it. Ask him!
I'll leave you with two things:
1. Think about your self-talk after you fall short. Do you allow the enemy to condemn or do you allow God's spirit to convict?
2. Remember that verse from Jireh? (personalize it):
You'll never be more loved than you are right now
You wasn't holding him up
So there's nothing you can do to let him down
Dass it for this week. Drop a comment and share with your girls if you found this helpful.
And, follow me on Tiktok & IG @tgifthisgirlisfree